Sunday, August 26, 2018

2018 Reston Century

2018 Reston Century


Me!, Dan, Jackie and Dave
Let's start with the OMG weather was AWESOME today!!!!  I hope everyone got outside because these beautiful days don't come around enough (on weekends).

Jackie met up with on the course and asked if she could ride with us.  She like the fast pace.  In the end, I think Dan and I would only slow her down.

It was a fast ride through 50+ miles and then reality kicked in to slow it down a bit.  Still, rolling country side was great workout and plenty to look at.  There are some serious mansions out there, and I'm wondering who cuts that grass?  No way are my kids willing to mow multiple football fields worth every week.

My sister Rita was at the ride.  She and her friends rode the metric.  Let's be honest, she looked better at the finish line than I did.  Maybe even at the start :-)

As always, the post ride meal at the Reston Town Center was well done.  The Mediterranean salad was the bomb and the pasta was quite good.  I wish I could have enjoyed it more but I was dragging ass.

A few ride options coming up this fall include the Backwoods Century, the Pumpkin Ride and the Shenandoah rides (Matt, prepare my bed!).   I'm targeting at least a couple this Fall.

I hope everyone is training hard on their bikes.  Many miles ahead!

Ride Hard or Don't Ride At All.
K-Rider



1 comments:

Michelle Lucas said...

Awesome!

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India