Monday, July 11, 2011

Pure Pain

Two weeks ago I took a crash at Fountainhead and tore up my left forearm and left leg fairly well.  The crash ended up being in a patch of poison ivy.  Not very pleasant, but at this point it has mostly healed.  The unfortunate part is the pain isn't done.

Doc says I may have cellulitis in my forearm now which is infinitely more painful than the poison ivy.  A little cephalexin here, prednisone there, topped off with hydrocodon is hopefully the winning combination.  Today is the first full pain day, but it started last night.  This could very well be the most continuous pain I've felt in my life. Last night I slept for exactly 0 minutes.  That was the first time in a long time that I stayed awake all night.  I'm sure if the pain would subside, I'd take a really long nap right now.

Yesterday was a pretty good day.  I was feeling pretty fatigued from the get-go when I had a tennis match in the am.  Michelle and I got creamed by Rob and Brooke.  After that, we came home because the pool was closed. We hung out and had a good day.  Around 5:20pm I was able to get on my bike and spend 3.5 hours pedaling around Wakefield/Accotink.

I first went through Wakefield on the maintained trail, past the dam and up the off-road trails.  It was a good ride to the end, and then back around to Pickett Road.  Up the big hill at Picket and I had a new idea  .... let's take this a few more times.  So I pedaled up and zoomed down 5x.  Then for the first time, I took the trail back to Wakefield Park and spent some time off-road.  Then back to the dam and the Accotink off-road trails and eventually back home. 

That was an aggressive 3.5 hours, but it is still only 1/3 of the way of the Wilderness 101.  That ride is in a mere 19 days and my health is not helping me.  I'm hoping to get a few more long rides if I can.  Then we will simply tough that ride out as best I can.  I need some good luck.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India