Sunday, May 13, 2012

Middleburg Mountains x 2

Middleburg Mountains x 2


Awesome weather and time to kill got me off the couch and out west to Middleburg for another training ride in preparation for the Mohican 100 mile mountain bike race on June 2.  Packed up my things and off I went.  I was a little nervous because this was to be the first time I tackled two mountains instead of just the one up Blue Ridge Mountain Road.


20 miles I reached my first nemesis in Blue Ridge Mountain Road.  This road has crushed me in the past.  It's long, steep, and just seems to keep going up up and up.  Today would be a different outcome, as I motored up it with not a significant amount of effort.  I did have a little trouble with the video recap as you can see below.


Recapping the end of Blue Ridge Mountain road below.  I never liked trying to slow down quickly on the road bike.  The Cannondale CAAD10 doesn't like to slow down.  After this video, I headed down 50 a little more to get to the second mountain.  Have I mentioned how much I hate dogs, especially when they chase me?  More on that later.


This was supposed to be just another training ride through Middleburg and the Blue Ridge Mountains.  For the most part it was, but it got ominous at the rest stop in Linden.  If I hadn't known better, I'd think I was in Northern Georgia (if you get the reference).  For a hint, check out this video.


A few ride statistics and elevation profile.  68 miles, 4 hours 55 minutes, Full Garmin ride statistics.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India