Wednesday, September 21, 2022

2022 Civil War Century

 



This Civil War Century may be the last century I will ride.  The metric's are so much more appropriate with a good 4 hours of riding.  I was very determined to make this right, despite the difficulty of the 4 categorized climbs and the sheer hardness of it all. 

For motivation, I bought myself the official jersey of the ride.  No way I could skimp on the century distance looking that good :-)



I took the ride slow and easy.  The first climb was 7 miles and meandered up as best I could.  It was an ok climb and pretty carried on to around mile 30 when the 1st rest stop appeared.  Each rest stop had peaches and I ate my share.


The 3rd climb is basically 22 miles. It's a gradual ascent and then gets a bit complicated for the final few miles.  I remembered this beast from prior rides.  It really is a hill killer.  However, I crested the top and did my impression of Julian Alaphillipe as I stood up and pedaled hard down the backside.


The final luncheon highlight was the Antietam Creamery truck.. The ice cream really was that good.  We'll see where the future brings us.  Right now I'm coordinating the Great Pumpkin Ride metric.

Strava results: Civil War Century


Follow me on Strava

1 comments:

Oskar Austegard said...

Something tells me you'll be back for another go

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India