Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Half-Marathon Training Week 7

7 weeks in and I've done a tremendous amount of running ... too much running in fact.  One of my goals during this endeavor was not to injure myself.  I've been fortunate to only have dealt with usual soreness and two left calf strains.  Calf strains seem to pop up when I'm pushing the run uphill.

My longest run was 9.1 miles from my house down around Lake Accotink.  It was just a wee bit to far for me at the end of week 5.  There was a little walking at the end, but the hills are very demanding at the end of the run. My follow up 5 mile run was really aggressive and that's when the 2nd calf strain kicked in, 1/4 mile from finishing the run.  I rested 1.5 weeks and ran 4.4 the other day with fine success.

I'm having a hard time finding motivation to keep running.  I have been spending considerable time on the bike rollers as supplement training. However, there's very little I can take from biking to running.

At this point, almost 4 weeks from the event, I've decided I'll do my best at finishing the training .. but there's going to be a price to pay on race day.  The longest run I expect to achieve will be 10 miles. Thankfully, all my training has been hilly, and the race is dead flat.  I'm hoping that works to my benefit.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India