Friday, June 10, 2011

Accotink 100 degrees - Bring It!

As D-Atlas has been told many of times, "Bring It".  Last night took off on the Stumpy in extreme heat.  It was about 100 degrees and muggy. Fortunately I was not going to be riding in the direct sun.  I got on the Wakefield Park and Accotink trails and just kept going.  I rode lots of trails I had never ridden before and I couldn't believe how much I was sweating.

Thoughts did occur to me that I need to be mindful if I stop sweating.  That's when really bad things happen to your body.  Fortunately, I never reached that point and had plenty of cold water.  Riding time was almost two hours.  This kind of riding is far different than the road riding.  Road riding you are generally pretty consistently  pedaling with no crazy change in heart rate.  On the mountain bike, your heart is up and down as frequently as the hills.  It's very different training.  I noticed that I'm already sucking less air on certain hills that I was when I first rode just a few weeks ago.

Nothing too eventful on the trip itself.  Just some long runs through Accotink with a few quick sections at Wakefield and then on to Jared's baseball game.

I did stop by Billy's house for CamelBak reload.

0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India