Sunday, September 15, 2013

Ride the Rockies - Day 7 to Colorado Springs


What can I say about the final 47 miles of the trip.  Well, for one it was blazing fast.  I felt really strong on this ride and didn't leave any energy in reserves.  Plain and simple just tore through the course and the 2,000' of climbing.

A rare downhill on the final day.
Bittersweet at the end.  I didn't want it to end, but I was happy to start towards home.
545 miles after the start.
So what are my final thoughts on crossing the finish line?  For one, I was looking forward to getting back home and seeing the family.  But I was also excited to be bringing the real estate magazines I picked up to show Michelle and list the house :-)  I definitely now have a taste for biking road trips.  We talked about a few during the ride including Ragbrai in Iowa and the Tour of Oregon.  Would love Michelle and the kids to come along on one of these rides.


Crossing the finish.



0 comments:

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India